INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LIBERAL WOMEN
INLW is an association of women from countries worldwide who support the Liberal principles. Membership is open to all women and men, members of liberal parties, organisations, groups and individual women who support INLW aims, as well as to liberal parties, organisations and groups as a whole.We aim to:
1. Raise women’s awareness of their political rights and responsibilities.
2. Advance the empowerment of all women worldwide.
3. Expand participation of liberal women in politics at local, national and international levels and within liberal parties worldwide.
4. Strengthen relationships and exchange information between liberal women worldwide.
5. Encourage liberal women to promote liberal values and spread the liberal ideas worldwide: Individual freedom, human rights, the rule of law, tolerance, equality of opportunity, social justice, free trade and market economy.
In support of all women Liberals worldwide who are seeking decision-making positions in local, national and international, political, judicial and NGO organisations.
To eliminate all practices and laws which impede women’s hopes of a full life, such as:
damage and physical constraints imposed by religious and civic customs.
Denial of equal access to education, employment and property.
Discriminatory marriage and parental rights laws.
To get liberal political parties worldwide to include and express women’s views on all issues. We run General Meetings at Liberal International Congresses and Regional Management Board Meetings in connection with Liberal International Executive Committee Meetings.We canvas and publicise member’s views and support their local campaigns. We put resolutions to Liberal International.We draw attentions to women fighters for freedom and the achievements of liberal women.We send representatives to the UN Conferences as NGO with Special Consultative Status: i.e. to the UN ECOSOC Commission on the Status of Women, to the UN Human Rights Council and UN DPI/NGO Conferences etc.Governance
INLW is a member of Liberal International and sends delegates to Liberal International Congresses and to the Liberal International Executive Committee Meetings.Our General Meetings takes decisions regarding the INLW Constitution: conditions of membership: subscription rates: fund raising and future programming.In between General meetings INLW is conducted by an elected Management Board. All members of INLW are eligible to stand for these offices.
INLW has members in:
MIDDLE EAST & NORTHERN AFRICA
NORTH, SOUTH & CENTRAL AMERICA
ASIA & PACIFIC
Wittenburgerweg 124, 2244 CG Wassenaar